Saturday, October 25, 2008

Walking Meditation Through Central Park








My last day in New York was Thursday. Brian and Nicole were very kind to me and spend all day with me. On my last day I wanted to thank them and I went to their home. It was a very nice welcoming home and I felt very comfortable all the time I was there. Mr. and Mrs. Cox are a wonderful couple blessed with two very beautiful boys who were very friendly to me. The best things that I had to give them was my blessings and to teach them a meditation technique which will develop their happiness and well –being. After the meditation session Brian offered a very generous cheque to the Vihara Charity and they took me to a Thai restaurant for the Dana meal. I had my first experience of the famous New York Subway system. It was very quick service to Central Park, a beautiful green island ( (840 acres) in the centre of a magnificent city. Some times Brian was stopped by his fans but they did not disturb us. I admired the way such busy people spent so much time with me. I never expected that they could spend a full day walking with me around the city and the park. The beauty of the park is still with me as is the feeling of the power of being in the present with the natural world.
.
My visit to New York was a wonderful experience of new sights, a new culture, meeting old friends and making new ones.

I thought it would be very nice if we could do a walking meditation in the Central Park when I next visit New York. So now I need to find “my agent” in New York to organize my next “project”.